Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day Back at School!

If I were in S.G., Dad would have been singing the lovely toon..."School days, school days, dear old golden rule days...reading and writing and ....". So maybe I'm glad that I'm not in S.G. I was able to escape Dad's out of tune singing:)
My courses were great! I have evening classes...tonight it was from 4pm-9:30pm. Class #1- The Conversant Manager. My first teacher was a little intimidating, but it was a good kind of intimidating. He isn't the "easy breezy" type of teacher, but has high expectations and a tough grading standard. His passion for teaching and for family communication is a double bonus for me. It will be interesting to see what his take is on family communication and see how it coincides with my beliefs. Class #2 (Organizational Communication) was a little more tough to get through. I have never had a class that lasts 3 hours and 45 minutes! It would be a task for any teacher (no matter how outgoing and entertaining), to keep a class focused for that long. Since my mind did wander a little bit, I had a "This is amazing" moment. Let me explain what a "this is amazing" moment is. It's when you pause for a moment...look at your surroundings...and realize what is unique, special or amazing about it. It's simple, but it's good to take a minute and reflect and appreciate our surroundings every once in a while. So I was in class (my mind wandering) and I looked out of our 11th floor downtown window. It all seemed so surreal to me...being at Emerson, having class in the middle of one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world. Right in the middle of it... with a perfect high rise view! You have to see this place at night, it's a "this is amazing" moment.
So where ever you are...pause, look around and have a "this is amazing" experience.

1 comment:

  1. you really are in one of the best cities and most gorgeous cities in the U.S. I am so glad you are enjoying it..... and trust me it gets so so so much betteR! I am jealous that you get to be near the Charles River every single day.

    ReplyDelete